Friday, November 22, 2013

A Healthy perspective on Health Care

22 November 2013

Medical services are divided into three categories: trauma care, sick care and health maintenance. In the field of debate over this issue most people have been guided into the fallacious belief that there exist three options for health care: buy health care insurance, pay cash, or go without needed treatment.

This is precisely the mindset that has increased the reliance upon and supposed need for medical services interventions. That is, the human brain engages itself in a guided imagery – what it believes to be true is that to which it will attempt to conform itself. This is how placebos are effective. Cognitive dissonance on the other hand is the uncomfortable state experienced by the mind when a statement conflicts with a reality. Essentially this is the weight of consciousness seeking redemption for a lie. The danger in cognitive dissonance is how it functions in the subconscious.

A healthy individual who purchases health insurance coverage but does not use the medical services will likely experience cognitive dissonance. “I bought the insurance because I need. I have not been injured. Thus, I must have an ailment.” An argument can be made that the purchaser is receiving the benefit of the peace of mind of being insured. But most people do not view insurance in that abstract sense. Rather it is viewed as covering a forthcoming need.

This is illustrated by a friend of mine who was recently in a slight collision with another vehicle that dinged a door. I suggested that they not file a claim but settle it in a cash transaction. She objected saying, “I paid for the insurance, I am going to use it!” In a much broader example I use the Social Security Insurance program. This insurance program was established to provide living expense payments to people who outlived their life expectancy and had depleted their retirement savings. Yet ask anyone buying this insurance if they plan to collect on it and you will likely find the answer to be yes. This is because people who pay for insurance do so with the intention of collecting on it.

Thus a person who says “I am healthy” or “I live a healthful lifestyle” is likely to experience cognitive dissonance when paying for the sick care insurance coverage. This is because there is only three ways to spend money on health care - injury, illness or prevention. But as we all know prevention is very cheap – much less than the premiums. Thus to alleviate the dissonance – the conflict between wanting to be healthy and spending the insurers' money on medical interventions – a person who pays for health insurance coverage must become ill or injured.

When this is coupled with directed thought it is clear that the best health care coverage is not to have health insurance coverage. We are all where we are in life based upon decisions made. Every cell in our body is a thinking organism that attempts to organize itself to comport with its' thinking. This is the basis of spontaneous remission, prayer healing and meditative well-being. Those who want to be healthy can be. Believers who trust that their creator was a perfect entity that endowed their bodies with the ability to defend against ailments, heal itself and propagate its own wellness have attained well-being.

This has been demonstrated through the correlation between health insurance coverage and medical interventions. Those who are covered use medical services at a rate significantly higher than those who are not covered. Lack of coverage often leads to more healthy outcomes.

Those who wish to fumble around a non-functioning website may do so. Those who wish to endure the uncertainty and anxiety associated with having a policy canceled may do so. Those who wish to perpetuate their ailments by being stressed over these situations may do so. As for me I have chosen real health care.

As an adult I have always had an affordable, effective and comprehensive health plan. That is, first and foremost, I believe that I am responsible for my well-being. I engage in what I believe is a near sufficient amount of exercise, I eat real food, I live morally, and I maintain an attitude that I am healthy.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Make a suggestion for me to write about.


Parents who would like to achieve the best outcome for their children in a contested child custody case should visit my website and contact my scheduler to make an appointment to meet with me. Attorneys may request a free consultation to learn how I can maximize their advocacy for their clients.

Connect with me for the latest Indiana child custody related policy considerations, findings, court rulings and discussions.

View Stuart Showalter's profile on LinkedIn



Subscribe to my child custody updates

* indicates required
©2008, 2013 Stuart Showalter, LLC. Permission is granted to all non-commercial entities to reproduce this article in it's entirety with credit given.

StuartShowalter.com

No comments: