Thursday, April 19, 2018

Boone Circuit Court judge candidate Lori Schein in her own words

I asked each of the candidates six questions relating to what may be described as a candidate’s platform. These included the operation of the court, what they thought they could do to better serve the people appearing in court, their personal motivation to be a candidate, and what they could do to mitigate the impact of custody cases on children. Finally, I offered them an opportunity to submit an essay of any length to be reproduced here word-for-word. I did not ask for comment on specific cases or for prejudicial opinions -- that is, how he or she would rule on a potential matter before the court.

I contacted Lori Schein through Facebook to get an email address from her. She replied and I sent the questionnaire to that email address after having also sent it through her contact form on her campaign site. I had requested responses by the 16th, about one week later, but had not received a response by then. I sent a reminder to her email on the 18th.

As of 9:00am today I have not received a response to the questionnaire. If one is subsequently received I will update this posting promptly.

I had no plans to gather information about the candidates from their promotional materials or any other source for my purpose here. To do so now would compromise objectivity. Instead I encourage you to seek out information elsewhere and to check back here in a few days.

Thank you for your interest in the election. The 2018 primary election occurs on Tuesday 08 May.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Make a suggestion for me to write about.


Parents who would like to achieve the best outcome for their children in a contested child custody case should visit my website and contact my scheduler to make an appointment to meet with me. Attorneys may request a free consultation to learn how I can maximize their advocacy for their clients.

Connect with me for the latest Indiana child custody related policy considerations, findings, court rulings and discussions.

View Stuart Showalter's profile on LinkedIn



Subscribe to my child custody updates

* indicates required
©2008, 2018 Stuart Showalter, LLC. Permission is granted to all non-commercial entities to reproduce this article in its’ entirety with credit given.

StuartShowalter.com

No comments: