Friday, February 14, 2014

Update on amending the 2014 Indiana Child Support Guidelines

14 February 2014

2015 Indiana Child Support Guidelines
review scheduled for public comment



Maybe it is my sense of sick irony or a hint of caution that I post about this subject today.

The Domestic Relations Committee [DRC] of the Indiana Judicial Center [IJC] will meet again in regular session for the purpose of formalizing procedures for amending the Indiana Child Support Guidelines [ICSG] on Friday 21 February 2014 at the IJC. The DRC is a panel of 12 judicial officers who make recommendations to the Indiana Supreme Court [INSC] for rules relating to domestic relations cases. By federal statute each state is required to review their child support guidelines at least every four years.

As part of the review process the DRC will be taking testimony from the public in both written form and orally. This information will be posted on the INSC webpage as well as by me when I receive it. If you would like to receive updates from me just send a request to my scheduler using the link below.

I anticipate that the DRC will be taking oral testimony from members of the public on Friday 16 May 2014 beginning at 10:00a.m. In the chambers of the INSC which is on the third floor of the Indiana State House at the north end. This is not an official date. I only provide it to give you a heads up as to when it may be so that you may plan accordingly. As soon as I find out a firm date I will do another update posting. Please do not contact the IJC as you will only get referred to the INSC website.

The IJC is located at 30 South Meridian Street, Indianapolis. The DRC meetings are open to the public but are not public input sessions. At the discretion of the Chair the DRC does sometimes elicit input from visitors. Please contact my scheduler if you would like to be added to the guest list.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Make a suggestion for me to write about.


Parents who would like to achieve the best outcome for their children in a contested child custody case should visit my website and contact my scheduler to make an appointment to meet with me. Attorneys may request a free consultation to learn how I can maximize their advocacy for their clients.

Connect with me for the latest Indiana child custody related policy considerations, findings, court rulings and discussions.

View Stuart Showalter's profile on LinkedIn



Subscribe to my child custody updates

* indicates required
©2008, 2014 Stuart Showalter, LLC. Permission is granted to all non-commercial entities to reproduce this article in it's entirety with credit given.

No comments: